Positive Pay From UCB. A Good Defense Against Bad Checks.
Positive Pay Technology from UCB is used to monitor each and every check for hard-to-catch irregularities. Get Positive Pay and protect what matters most to you by reducing your risk and exposure to check fraud.
Check fraud is on the rise due to today's advanced technology that makes it easier than ever to replicate your checks. However, you can be proactive by adding preventative services to your UCB Business accounts. Our Positive Pay service can very effectively help your business from becoming a victim of check fraud.
How It Works
- You easily create a data file for each check. As you issue checks, you create an online data file with the issue date, serial number and dollar amount of each check. You then electronically send us your issue data file. This can be completed easily with or without the assistance of a third party payroll software.
- We verify the checks. We utilize your issue data to verify the checks that have posted to your account. Non-matching items are reported via a Positive Pay Exceptions Report for your review and payment decision.
- We send you an Exceptions Report. Your Positive Pay Exceptions Report is available to you early each morning via our online Business Online service. You will receive an Exceptions Report every day - even if you have no exception activity.
- You decide about payment of each check. Simply make your pay or no-pay decisions online or via your mobile device.
- We protect you from over-the-counter fraud. We will even verify checks if they are cashed over the counter at our banking offices. We match these checks against your issue data - a feature many banks don't offer.
Features & Benefits
- Fraud control - Dramatically reduce the possibility of check fraud. You get enhanced ability to identify and return fraudulent items. We work with you to verify that you have actually issued the checks that post to your account.
- Check verification - All checks presented for payment are verified; including checks presented at our banking offices. Positive Pay also protects your business against lost or stolen checks and prevents payments for duplicate checks.
- You decide whether to pay a check or not - Make decisions about whether to pay or return exception items. UCB's Business Online gives you the easy online ability to make decisions about exception items and upload issue information.
- Exception options - In addition to check number and dollar amount, you can have the added protection of payee verify and you may specify dollar limits and stale-dated items to be included in your exceptions report.
To sign up for our Positive Pay service or for more information, please contact one of our bankers at 866.505.3736. Business Online Users can add this service to your existing profile, by clicking here.